Friday, January 16, 2009

Thought Repeation

Yesterday, I had an idea. Idea that seems to me cool. It was on peer to peer video distribution network. As i thought deeply, i got more and more excited with in myself. It seemed to me truly original and new.


Then I called my friend, to find out how good he thinks it is. He listened to it patiently and then said, dude, its already out in the market and working. I tried to add many new things to make him rethink and to convince him that my thoughts are original.


Then, I did a google search and I am in shock. Its done same to same as I thought. The question that came to mind was "Have I read it already and trying to lie myself now saying the idea as my orginal thought ?".
I have not read about this idea anywhere and it just came to mind when i was waiting for my mp3 to get downloaded and same time watching a discovery documentry that I downloaded from torrents after 3 days from starting it, called "Download: The true story of internet". There was this cool story of how napster brought people power to the internet playground.


Finally, I was wondering how the first person would have got this thought as I got it today. Would he have just got it randomly as I did. Actullay, these ideas never come in random, there is a correlation matrix s/w that runs in background in our mind. This tiny s/w actually corelate two independent set of information, observation and experiene of the human and deduce these kind of interesting ideas out of the need.

3 comments:

Gubbi said...

I'm eager to learn about the service which does it the same way as you might have thought !!

I agree about the correlation and interpretations going on in the back of the mind...

I guess, for the original guy the idea was a natural progression from the earlier experiments happening in that field. When a bunch of people are involved in a popular project, each one of them tries to take that technology and solve their other existing problems... and things get discussed and spark off something else, and that way I guess, not 1 but many would have thought the same things, got together and built a community around that project...

What say?

Rahul said...

seems another Einstein will come soon!
good buddy!

kunal said...

great post.. but that was sad u thought u have done something new but u find someone has done it already

but then u understood the process.