Friday, January 01, 2010

An Idea of Happiness

There are moments that are unforgettable, that are defining .. moments that had imapcted my character. For me they are best happy things.I laugh at me thinking about them.

I love sittting near a passing stream few meters away from its source, taking pictures of birds and animals, watching life of villagers in the remote mountains, walking past those beautiful valleys. I can sit for hours in the jam packed bus if it is going on the bank of jamuna in uttarkashi else if going over the brahmaputra to itanagar or in the bank of teesta if going to gangtok.
When sitting on those rafts and waiting to jump into the freezing water, no fear can stop me of getting drowned or catching cold. It makes me feel as if this is the moment of pleasure I always was waiting for. You do them again and againg, they all are wonderful experiences in life.

The breathing problem during the camps never tires my mind and only could defeat my body.I laugh at it. I remember the conversation during the most tiring experience in a cycle trip to lamayuru. We were supposed to cover 13 kms upward slope, and it was like hell. The perseverence was at test and I quitted. Vinuth made me realise what all we had read about the place and how beautiful it gonna be. Lamayuru is a place all surrounded by mountains. Each mountain was of different color and when the moonlight fills the sky in the, the contrasting effect of each color left us spellbound. In the middle we were standing on the oldes buddhist monastry in ladakh. A similar feeling came, when I was in talhouti in a kedarkanth trek and met with snowfall. All the surrounding mountains got covered with black coluds and it was a wonderous view. I am afraid any camera could capture it.


I hope that the love to go back to such places and search for the happiness will inspire me for ever. I would get lost there oneday.

No comments: