Sunday, February 21, 2010

Game of 29

I got a pack of playing cards bought it at the local grocery store,
And took it to the trip to mahabaleswar with all my friends.
We were a group of 4 and wanted to kill the journey time,
and then the blanket was laid and cards shuffled.
That was "the" start of game of 29

Then,

I saw the desire for an endless journey and no sense of tiring.
I saw friendships getting built and partnerships happening.
I saw relationships taking shape and mobile numbers exchanged.
I saw strategies working out and assumptions falling back.
I saw the nightmare of "singles" hand and restlessness of morning to come.
I saw the social acceptance of drinkers and a green signal to be in the league.

That was the game of 29

I saw people learning the game and tough fighting happen.
I saw people taking breaks and heirs coming in place.
I saw the saddest face smiling and the transformation of dadagiri to mentorgiri.
I saw teams getting built and the bitching in the back
I saw the genuine words of respect and speech of admiration

That was the game of 29

I saw the change in partners with all spirits of the fun
I saw the repenting faces for one mistake and the ask of forgiveness for the first mistake
I saw the test of luck and abundance of fun
I saw the non-belief in god and the curse given.

All in the table of game of "29".

- lyrics inspired from summer of 69. Thankfulness to all my friends.

1 comment:

Gubbi said...

badiya hein..

that game is awesome.

except for the bevdagiri, everything else is great.