Saturday, July 24, 2010

Memory of a Midnight

The title of the blog might hav been stolen from sideney sheldon but the content of this blog is one of my most memorable nights in NITK , our hunt for the last 4 years .

It was our placement season and there was a warm wind blowing everyday in the final block with the news , who got in today , and where is the celebration party for the night .It was a good time with everday parties as well made us feel "mera number kab ayega" .

The above words were true for all we three , sitting in room -145 , satya , sumit and me .Satya from electronics , sumit from mech and me from IT . Though we three were not perfectly same in all patterns , but the bond we created for the last 4 years in engg. was something different.Each had a separate circle of friends ,where he hunts for day long ,still when it comes to watch Sholay, or those oriya album videos from satya's first year collections or those unspeakable senti stories of our old school days or may it be pulling each others' legs , we were all together .

Room -145 has differnt kind of environment in itself ,i'll just give u the hybrid collection of master pieces it had .One wall of it was full of picture of deities from Lord Siva to Hanuman, which i always feel emabarrassed ,while watching the hot videos the collection i had unknown to neone else .i usually keep my back to the wall .We had perfectly placed my comp in one corner well connected it to the LAN as well TV connection for 24x7 entertainment hub. A bed which was always occupied by sumit ,as an inborn right ,Staya on floor ,and me on tht small wooden chair whose one leg was already broken that always disturbs me whenever i try to concentrate on the video in our computer .We still had one corner left , which we thought of putting study materials .So a rack was placed there for the sake of books and truly speaking that was the corner from where most of the dusts keep coming and made us feel the room needs cleaning .

Now , it was oneday may be 10th august ,the room got 3 interview calls one for each of us . Satya and sumit got thru TATA Motors apti and me thru Trilogy . It was like, all tried convincing one another the previous nite , how important the the coming day can be , and now we three were busy for the first time in this sem. I started looking at the long forgotten DS fundas tree,dfs,bfs and satya as always started searching his in those tronix books which were always alien to him and i doubt he got something on that day.I think Sumit was quite confidant of his interview ,the most freky guy among we three but with an winning personality.

Around 2pm both of them went for their interview , whereas i left for my interview to mangalore around 3 .My interview was in Taj since the company felt the casualness might make ourself feel free.

When i reached in the hotel room ,some of the folks were already got interviewed and looked tensed which immediately inceased my heart beat looking at those faces ,the HR made us sit in the sofa.The interview was in another room and 4 of the interviews were over and since ,i was the 9th one, i had 2 hrs before they call me .I started collecting the fundas, asking to others abt their time in the interview but all were pretty serious which was just adding more tension to me .I think the HR lady felt the same. I didn't miss the opportunith to rate her 7 in NITK scale but was fine in that room.She switched on TV and kept MTV to ease the situation with some good music, typical hr thoughts. I strated watching the songs , the funny ads and that was the time i forgot form some hrs why i am here.It was then,the butler got the coffee and i got to hav a free cup of coffee at Taj.

I was having coffee ,someone called "smruti ,verma will take ur interview".I looked at the guy, and my mind flashed that i am here for the interview . But during the hours, i had relaxed myself and with all coolness , i went with the guy .How was the interview is a big question ?In my opinion it was quite heavy ,with some fundoo algos expecting the answers from me on that day,for which i can say now , I never made myself to swim in those deep oceans .But my answers were also right.I think i missed the point when he asked me to think some alternate solution to the same problems. Forget it ! I got my result card thre itself and u know what .I was pretty satisfied with my performance, caught the bus to college .It was around 7.30 pm.

Till , the time i was in college , the TATA interview was over and results were out .Sumit got placed in TATA motors , Satya couldn't .It was sumit who opened the innings for Orissa party, for which we had long long intra-party faltoo discussions .The room 145 was blocked on its entrance ,with a carton of daru,cold-drinks ,chicken-65 and everthing alse .I was quite excited and hugged sumit ,who was in in flying mood..these days also he flies but with something else. The first thing he asked was abt my interview which is the best thing among us i.e caring for one another .I just told him it was fine and lets celebrate.Truly , i got the right mood to forget the interview.

It was then i serached for Satya , having a chicken piece in one hand and a beer in another . My mind flashed with many presumptions like whether he is upset , he might hav gone to the beach , Shuld i go to the beach and something something .It might be because i was having a feeling of 3 diff situations and some beer inside.Where i am lost but fine ,sumit in celebrating mood and satya didnt make and may be upset .

The party was over in the block and sumit went with his group to some near by dhaba for food .I stayed in the room and around 11 satya was back .i was in full tension and asked abt where were he for all these time ,the strange answer i got is the whole kernel of this blog that made me remember the moment .

He told he went to Palkhi after the result .Palkhi is the best resturant in mangalore and our favourite place since its food is unanimously the best one in mangalore, which never mattered for us that we r in the costliest resturant also. Anyone can guess from Satya's physiche that he is a voracious eater as well as a great lover of good food. He told me then that he had veg biriyani and malai kofta ,which was like heaven .

Though , i was now relaxed but couldn't imagine how he decided to go to 22kms far frm college after all this and I asked him so .For which the answer was ,the performance in interview was more than he expected but the TATA ppl decided not to take any tronix guy and he was not selected .After all this, he was in no mood to add up this disappointment by having the all-time bad mess food .So in order to forget it out and for having a nice evening as well a night he went to palkhi.This was Satya.

Satya got in ABB after 2 days ,where he is working presently and me the next day after his in JUNO online and i dont remember which was the movie i saw that night with satya.

No comments: