Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bangalore in my dream

I got down from the BIA airport. Bangalore airport has been very populous in recent times. The Green line that will take me to silk board was an easy find within the crowd. I got into the waiting metro train. I still have some balance in my NammaB card , enough to pay for the ticket cost. While the metro was crossing the Hebbal lake, I wished to jump from the metro and swim for a while in the greenish waters of the lake like all others. The picnic goers were carrying their tents,boxes and the fishing enthusiasts were tightening their poles for the evening catch. The boating has been stopped by the authority on weekdays so that the ducks and birds in the lake will have a good time at least on the weekdays.

Next on the metro was the the Marthahalli suburb. The busy IT district is always colorful with so many cool and energetic people around it. With so many product companies around, most of the crowd was mostly casually dressed. The colorful attires of people distinguishes itself from EC district where people are more formally dressed as it is more known as the hub for most of the service related companies.

It took me little more than 20 minutes to reach silk board square. Silk board is the southern end of Greater Bangalore District. The Greater Bangalore district is now an autonomous body to administer the busiest part of the Bangalore. The four wheelers are restricted from 8AM - 9 PM into the district. The walking from the Silk Board to BTM should not take me more than 15 minutes. Along with many other people I started walking. The footpaths are now filled with small joints selling mostly ice cream, newspaper, flowers etc. The two feet wide yellow line on my right was reserved for cyclists. It seems to be the only cyclist highway in India declared by the administrative council. Cyclists were having a difficult time riding within it with the up slope lying ahead of them. The funny part was the dress they were wearing. The suit that was still hanging from their shoulders where as the pant has been replaced with a half shorts.The administrative council is caring enough to keep sufficient number of bicycles at the Silk Board metro junction for rent and also has built a quick changing room along with it. This facility is a lot helpful to the techies from EC (Electronic City) district.

The walk from Silk board to BTM seems to be filled with so many events. I stopped for a while to watch the students playing the Devdas Play in the lawns of Silks Board. The boyz were in white dhotis and girls were wearing red colored sarees. The Bengali way of wearing sarees made the play look so beautiful. The scene of the Paro's first visit to her mother's house and visiting Dev reminds me the my time legend Shahrukh Khan. There was good enough crowd enjoying it.

With the time the adoption of Veena and Tabla has found a sweet harmony in Indian music. Under the thick banyan trees that landmarks the BTM's old bus stop there were 2 musicians doing a jugalbandi. One on Sarangi and other on Tabla was enjoying each other's company thoroughly. The atmosphere was though competitive with most part of the audience cheering the tabla player, the Sarangi player was the one I liked more.

I took the immediate left to enter into the BTM residential lane and it suddenly started drizzling. With all the time the Bangalore weather is still the same, always unpredicatable in nature like one's wife. Everyone except me were having a long overcoat. The black overcoat with the round hats filled the surrouding with many Sam Desilva from old hindi serial Tehkikat. I waited inside the local snacks store. With the hot Gobi Manchurian getting ready, I had a plate of Gobi Manchurian and a Chickoo juice. By the time I was done with snacks the rain had stopped, the sun was setting and i started moving for my den. She opened the door with a happy smile to welcome me.

No comments: